Enroll in the IHRSA Passport Program, powered by TrainAway
This article is for club operators. For information on the IHRSA Passport Program for club members, please click here.
The IHRSA Passport Program is one of the most valued benefits of IHRSA membership, and it’s no wonder why. The program helps your members stay in shape when they’re hundreds, or even thousands, of miles away from your club.
Now, the entire process is digital, with users being able to find and access other IHRSA gyms exclusively on TrainAway’s mobile app, making it easy to extend this benefit to your members.
Watch this short video to learn more:
Why Enroll in the Program?
The digitalization of the IHRSA Passport Program provides travelers with a smart, efficient, easy way to visit clubs when away from home. It lets you:
- Offer your members the chance to work out all over the world at a discounted rate
- Earn additional revenue from travelers paying to visit your clubs
- Gather data on visitors to your clubs from outside your city or region
- Control the way your clubs are displayed and operate within the program through the Admin Panel
- Be part of one of the world’s fastest-growing fitness communities
Hear more from Erkki Torn, CEO of MyFitness, the largest fitness chain in the Baltic countries:
Ready to enroll? Here’s how it works:
- Complete an enrollment form to tell us more about your club(s) and to provide us with information so we can deposit funds from Passport Users visiting to your club.
- You’ll receive an email that includes a link to download a Passport toolkit containing resources to assist in communicating the program to your staff and your members, as well as your club/club group’s unique invitation code.
- Your traveling members will enter the invitation code in their profile on the TrainAway app in order to save 25% when purchasing a one-day pass at IHRSA Passport clubs.
What others are saying about the IHRSA Passport Program
“This application doesn’t require an interface with a club’s billing information, and is easy for members to use.” – Bryan O’Rourke, President, Fitness Industry Technology Council
“It gives our club a way to provide the Passport digitally, which is what our members prefer. It puts the service at their fingertips, wherever they require it.” – Jim Worthingon, owner, Newton Athletic Club
“For our members, the app provides added value because it’s an easy way for them to find and purchase day passes when they’re away from home.” – Troy Freet, Chief Information Officer, EOS Fitness
“For our clubs, there’s no paperwork, and for members it expands the network of available clubs and makes check-in seamless. The TrainAway digital platform is clearly the way of the future.” – Darcy Wefers, Cambridge Group of Clubs
Respondents originally quoted in Club Business International, March 2019
TrainAway: A Brief Introduction
TrainAway is a global platform connecting travelers with their closest health club. With a mission to break down barriers to fitness worldwide, TrainAway gives instant access to a range of information on fitness facilities in your neighborhood. Through a dedicated mobile app and website, users can buy one-day access to health clubs, allowing them to maintain their active routine, even when away from home.
Having had app downloads in 130+ countries, and with over 1,000 partner clubs in more than 35 countries, the TrainAway community is growing day by day. Collaboration with IHRSA allows TrainAway to provide an innovative technological development to the world’s most established and respected fitness network.
Want to know more?
Read our list of FAQs to learn more about the IHRSA Passport Program, TrainAway, and our collaboration to digitalize the program. And if there’s anything we don’t cover, you’re always welcome to contact us directly.
IHRSA’s mission is to grow, protect, and promote the health and fitness industry, and to provide its members with the benefits that will help them be more successful. TrainAway is a digital platform that helps you find and access a health club anywhere in the world. Buy day passes to clubs near you using the TrainAway app, available from the App Store or Google Play Store.