3 Tips To Help Increase Gym Revenue
Quick guide how to increase gym revenue at your gym!
At TrainAway we’re lucky to speak to gym owners every day, from all over the world. Because of this, we’re often hearing of great ways to increase gym revenue. We’ve taken the top ones and summarized them into 3 easy tips. We know you’re busy, so these are the most efficient ways to increase gym revenue that we’ve identified.
1. Make Freelancers Welcome
You have a closed market coming into your gym everyday, which you control access to. There is a range of freelance professionals who will pay you money to sell to that market. Here are four:
- Personal Trainers Every gym should have personal trainers available to work in the gym. It’s a service your members expect, and are happy to pay for.
- Class Instructors Inviting freelance instructors in is an easy way to offer classes without any major investment from you. Yoga, Pilates or Zumba classes require limited equipment and need no special place.
- Massage Therapists If you have a suitable room, why not invite a local massage therapist to use it? Even if just for one day a week, it requires little organisation from your end.
- Nutritionists If someone is a fitness enthusiast, they’re probably interested in diet too. One-on-one appointments or group information sessions are likely to be popular.
The great thing about freelancers is that they’re not employees. You don’t have to take a risk on hiring more staff, you just either charge rent, or take commission. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t help them as much as possible. Advertise and recommend their services. Give them the facilities they need, and set the tone for how they engage with your members.
2. Join the TrainAway platform
This perhaps comes as no surprise, but it’s a super easy way to boost your bottom line. Research shows that a majority of working-age travelers want to work out on vacation, and TrainAway is the easiest way to capture this market. It needs nothing from your end apart from letting your staff know how to recognize an active TrainAway pass. After that, you need not do anything apart from watch the money come in at the end of every month.
All you need to do is fill in this form and we’ll send you everything you need to get started. Before long, visitors to your city will be paying to use your gym while they’re there.
3. Sell More Than Membership
Ever walked into a gym and thought it was more of a health products store than fitness club? That’s because selling products is actually one of the easiest ways to increase gym revenue. If you have a staffed reception, there is no reason why you can’t start selling relevant items to your members. You have everything you need to take payment, and a captive market. This can be anything from a box of protein bars on your reception desk to branded gym clothing. The most popular items are always energy drinks and health foods.
Even if you don’t want your staff selling protein shakers or yoga mats, there’s no reason why you can’t install a vending machine. Fill it with premium items and watch how you can increase gym revenue with limited effort from your staff. Just remember, while your members are in your gym, they can only buy things from you. And if it’s done in the right way, your members will see it as a service.
There are plenty of other things you can do to increase gym revenue, if you have the time to do so. Reducing gym membership attrition can help a lot. Otherwise, industry associations like IHRSA publish great advice on how to run a great fitness club. Otherwise, you’re welcome to ask us. Find us on social media or get in touch directly.